Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

She Told Us So

She told you that if you left her for me that you would be unhappy. She told you that it was only a matter of time until you would be running back to her. You disagreed. She wanted us to fail and she thought we were not made for each other. You told her that you were in love, that we were in love. Although maybe she was right because look where we are now.

We've been trying to beat everything that has come our way but I guess this time, we are unrepairable. You left her for me and when I couldn't give you what you wanted, you ran back to her. Then when she was getting attached again, you came back to me. You said she didn't make you happy but then why did you go back all those times?

Even though you weren't in love with her, she was in love with you. She went crazy saying that she deserved better and that she wasn't going to allow you to come back. Although after every arguement with me, she still picked up your phone calls and still invited you over to her house. You finally told me that there was no more fooling around, that it would just be you and I forever. Of course she was angry because she thought that you were the one. She tried everything to tear us apart and we relentlessly wanted to prove her wrong.

Now that she has someone new you say that you are off the hook but at the same time, we are done as well so who you gonna run to now? We often blamed her for our problems but the reason we are not together anymore had nothing to do with her. This break-up was all on us.

I guess we are the fools now because we didn't see what she did. I wonder if she knows that we are no longer together because if she did she would say, "I told you so."



..."Baby yes you said, said you were in love. 'Cause when you left me you said that you wouldn't be comin' back, remember that but I never agreed. I hate to say it but I told you so."...

No comments:

Post a Comment