Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Do It Like A Dude

I’m proud to be a female but the one stereotype that I dislike about being one is the fact that women can’t do what men can do. Not to be conceited but I know that I can probably do some things better than some fellas. I just hate it when people dub the females as the weaker gender.

I just had a conversation with a friend last night and he said that women can never have a friends with benefits relationship because women are the ones that are always getting emotionally attached. Now let’s hold up, that may be true to some aspect but I know a handful of independent women that can drop and kick a man to the curb if his performance is not up to par and I know TOO MANY dudes that are worse than some of my girls when it comes to emotional acknowledgement.

Why have males been considered the “stronger” gender anyway? Because society says so? Because by science testosterone is stronger than estrogen? I think differently. I hated it when people called me a tom-boy just because I loved sports, I rather rock jeans and a shirt to school than a dress and because my favorite color was black versus pink. I even remember telling some family friends that I was on my high school wrestling team and having them look at me weird while saying, “wrestling is a boys sport.” And mind you what team won states at our high school? Yes, you guessed it! Moanalua’s female “CAMOGA” wrestling team. You better reckon that I beat all of my close guy friends when it comes to a game of tekken. And you better choose your words wisely if you think that I don’t hustle as hard as them guys.

Little girls should not have the idea that they can’t do something because it is a man’s job. I know that I was told that when I was growing up and was considered a trouble maker because I went against of what a “proper girl should do.” A wise man told me that the strongest people that are in his life are women and that rings true for me too. I think the reason why the strong people in my life are women are because the female gender has evolved to have the ability to endure by means of societal and cultural pressure.

I’m not a feminist, I’m not so quick to diss the male gender by unreasonable means and I know for a fact that there are some women that make other smart and classy females like myself look bad. I just think that us females can strut our swag, kick it down right and roll just like fellas. It really doesn’t matter what gender you are…it’s just all about backing up what we say we can do and out doing what we have previously done in order to refine ourselves.

But don’t get it twisted again because us females can….

“do it like a brotha, do it like a dude...we can do it like the man' dem”

No comments:

Post a Comment