Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2009

No Ring = Free Game

So I had a discussion with one of my co-workers. She said that her mom had told her that if a guy was not wearing a ring on the ring finger, he's still available. There is some truth to it because although there is a commitment when a person is in the boyfriend/girlfriend phase, things can change. Marriage is something that is written down in state records and is an oath that you take before the man upstairs. So if you got no ring on the ring finger, you are still considered "free game."

I mean I'm not promoting to fish for guys with girlfriends or to play out the Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz ordeal but things can happen unexpectedly. I understand that feelings form unexpectedly and it cant be controlled sometimes. I know there are situations where a guy tells a girl that the current relationship that he is in is not working out, edging the girl on, giving off the possibility of having something or vice versa. I have had friends that have gone through this, falling in love with a man that is not available and some of friends experiencing it on the other end, being cheated on. However there is also that saying...sometimes people want to push to see if they can try to obtain something that they know they can't have, just for kicks.

Either way, I think that things should be handled in truth. This means that even though the ultimate goal is to obtain happiness, people should not be deceived and everything should be laid out in front. I just don't understand how people can lie to someone that has given a piece of their heart.

I have a girlfriend that fell in love with a man that was married and had a kid. She would go to great depths to visit this guy who I knew was not good for her. However sometimes you can tell someone your opinion and it is their choice whether they want to take your words into consideration. He did not treat her like the way she deserved but she still went back. Although shouldn't that already be a sign? When you base the relationship off a lie, what good could come out of that? He is lying to his wife and kid to be with you, what makes you think that his apparent "truths" aren't lies? From that last that I heard, they werent seeing each other but god knows that she will always have a relationship with that guy. This girl is beautiful and smart but yet she believes all the lies that he spills. He tells her that he is gonna leave his wife and that they will both live the life that they always talk about but after how many years, that hasn't happened yet.

I also have another friend that cheated on his wife and son to be with another woman. What started off as a friendship developed into a something more. The way he and his mistress interacted were incredible. They seemed to be more perfect than he and his wife. Even though I knew about this, I did not say a word because it was not my place to say and this guy was one of my boys. He told me how this girl was everything that he wanted but could not break it to his wife that he wanted out. Why you say? Simply because he knew that he was ashamed of what he had done and was afraid that everyone close to him would find out. He was also financially and mentally comfortable with where he was at. Although men should never underestimate a woman because my boys wife eventually found out and the mistress--she up and left as if they never happened. Till this day he says he is still not happy.

I understand that infidelity happens but I just wish that people would realize and change it up into circumstances that are legit. Just so that it doesn't hurt the people that truly love them.


..How long will you wait so you dont have to lie...

No comments:

Post a Comment