Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

Friends Till The End


"I'm a movement by myself but a force when we're together."

                                                                                                                        - Laurie V., homegirl

There are so many people in this world and it is on us on who we let into our world. Some I have known for just a few minutes and some I've known for years, but all great people in their own right. It truly amazes me on the things that they offer me, whether it is knowledge or memories--I would not have them in any other way. All of the friends at this present moment are blue prints of what true friends are all about.

This past month has been crazy for me both professionally and personally. It is just so reassuring to know that I have a bunch of people in my corner to support and encourage me in everything that my heart desires; even if it meant having my back on things that they did not personally feel comfortable with. It hurt to break down for a hot minute and surrender myself to the madness but both my best guy friends and girl friends put me in check. Because a true friend will spit the bitter sweet truth, they would never lie to your face but put salt to heal your wounds and to restore your faith.

And just because, these people went far and beyond. It made me realize why we are still friends to this day and it is because of rocky moments like these that help define our relationships. They'll hold my hand or let me lean on their shoulder because they are loyal. They'll rescue me from the storm or catch a grenade for me and not expect anything in return. They'll even hear the same damn problems and tell you the same advice, willing to do it over and over again--because they know that you've done the same. These people got Miguel's "sure thing" love for me and I got them.

To my loves that have called, chatted, texted, and/or spent a little QT with me...I love you. Thank you for turning the sad tears into happy ones. Thank you for lifting my spirits from the drenches. Thank you for replacing my bulb and turning my swag back on. Thank you for reminding me of why you all love me and why you'll always be in my life. I love the fact that I have a force that can't be reckoned with.



"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world to find you. If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see, I'll be the light to guide you."

2 comments:

  1. No thank you jermel. Your strong attitude and tough heart has helped me get through some crazy shit. You deserve every great thing in life that comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @britni: you've got a great soul little sis. :) keep trucking.

    ReplyDelete