Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Not That Girl

As much as you got me smitten and as much as you got me high on cloud nine, I'm just not going to be that girl. Despite our relationship and our circumstances, I'm just not going to be that girl. Wondering if you are thinking about me or worrying if I'm doing things right,   I'm just not going to be that girl. When you don't text back or answer my calls, I'm not going to be that girl that starts thinking wild visions in my head of you being intimate with someone else.

So you did me wrong and broke my heart but I'm just not going to be that girl that will take all that you have just to empower myself. I'm not going to be that girl that will destroy your possessions just so that you can see how much rage I have inside. So do both of us a favor and save your breath baby because I refuse to be that girl that soaks up all that you say. I'm not going to put you on blast for everyone to see; just so that they know the severity of your mistake because I'm mature enough not to be that girl.

I'm not going to be that girl that let's you take advantage of me. Of course I love doing nice things for you but I'm not going to be that girl that will tend to your needs at your convenience or command. So when your nights seem cold and you are lonely, think again because I'm not that girl that will fill your void. And yes, I know  the girl you did me wrong with is pretty but I'm sorry; I'm not going be that girl full of insecurities.

There are great people all around me and life is too short. With that said, I'm not going to be that girl that goes to her friends with the same broken-record love story. I'm not going to be that girl that let's a guy take all of the good away from her. I'm not going to the that girl that will give you more chances. I'm just not that girl that says it but doesn't do anything about it. I will not be that girl that allows a man to take away her dignity.

Everything you think I am, I'm sorry if I don't live up to your expectations; quite frankly I'm just not going to be that girl...you know why? because I'm better than that.


..."I see it your eyes, can't say that I'm surprised, I'm not that girl."...

1 comment: