Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Other Loves Of My Life

Another random trip completed, more lessons learned. From San Francisco to San Diego to Los Angeles and to Vegas, the fun times over powered the heartache that followed soon after and over a span of a couple of weeks.

This trip opened my eyes and made me realize the uniqueness of each person that I have in my life. I ran through the list of people that life has chosen for me and not only has this pondering made me appreciate their efforts in keeping our relationship alive but it has made me appreciate them for who they entirely are. They say that the people that don’t really matter will eventually fade out. However, I’m grateful for the people that have walked in and have walked out because it has taught me that it’s not about quantity but the quality of people that you surround yourself with. 


I believe that the love you have for someone is one of the most unselfish things that you could probably give anyone because you both offer a piece of yourselves in hopes that it is an even trade. The relationships that you build with these certain individuals are not only built on trust, honesty, and love but it is also built on flaws and imperfections that make your relationship entirely and solely one of a kind.

It makes you appreciate the friend that may seem like the group f*ck up because inside you know that even though they haven’t made the best life decisions--no matter how intense the heat may be, they are probably the most loyal friend out of the group and will thrown down with you if someone were to step on your toes. It makes you appreciate the friend that is not afraid to tell you things like a straight shot of warm patron with no lime or salt. At least you know that they are being totally honest with you, even it means hurting your feelings because you know that they are just trying to give you another perspective and a reality check all together.

Or the friend that you know will stand by you despite the disagreements or the physical distance because you know that they will be the very one to fly out for your birthday three years in a row, guide you through whatever when you seem to have lost your directions, will tuck you into bed after a long night of alcoholic sampling while soaking in your bile, and will be the first one to lend an ear when you feel like the world seems to misunderstand your good intentions—all because for you their love is unconditional.

It makes you appreciate even that one person that you probably haven’t talked to you in years. You know that despite the lack of communication, just one lunch date with them will remind you that they are still in your corner after all these years—encouraging your dreams and aspirations because they knew what you are capable of way before you could even recognize it within yourself.  Or that one person that you probably have hurt by rejection—they still chose to remain in contact with you even though you have broken their heart. You know that everything that you folks have gone through have only made you two stronger. Through the pain and heartache that you may have caused they still value your opinion, presence and appreciate your extension of love even it means just being friends.

The friend that can’t seem to stop talking about old diners, history, and scientific things that don’t seem to really fancy you. Yet you appreciate their strong curious spirit because they are the very person that will drive straight from the club to sin city with you after a long night of drunkenness, will help conquer your fear of heights by riding the Stratosphere’s Big Shot with you and is the very person that will remind you that you only live once.

What about the person that you seem to have a love/hate relationship with? You know that despite the drama, the words that you two may seem to want to take back and the tug of war of emotions...At the end of the day there is no other person that has a stronger will to keep you in their lives because with each round that you shoot out (even when your have aimed at their bulls-eye time and time again)--their love remains bulletproof to it all. All because they would risk the fall with you just so they could experience how it feels to fly high alongside with you.  

To all of the people that are still in my life, I know that sometimes we may not see eye to eye, we may only call each other once a month, we may be living in totally different worlds or we may be living in the same state but I haven’t seen you in years---just know that I have not forgotten about you. I’m still here for you if you need me, I’ve never left you. I have always had your back and I have always been here to help break your fall. My loves… thank you for giving me an even trade of yourself without being an Indian giver, for holding my hand while sheltering me from rain and for the priceless memories that have been unforgettable—simply because it was shared with you. I look forward to the many more years that are being granted to us and for the many adventures that still await us. 


"In a world that seems to get colder &colder. don't you worry cause my love will only get stronger & stronger...Cause I'm gonna love you, gonna hold you through it all"

No comments:

Post a Comment