Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We've Come To This

A poem I wrote a while back about a situation that I was in...

Here we are again, an inevitable.
Tears fall from something so small.
Emotions or words don’t mean nothing at all.

The heartache is overwhelming
What's the deal? You don’t feel.
Our love no longer real.

Lets just walk away.
We shouldn't stay.
We constantly say words that don’t come out right.
But baby why do we find ourselves in the same fight?
Feeling on edge, unsure and what for?
It seems like we don’t love each other anymore.

When we lay down at night, my back is turned.
We have got so much to learn.
But we feel the painful burn.

My world has come crashing down.
How did we get this way?
Nothing to say, trying to get through the rest of the day.

Your presence leaves me empty inside.
I try to answer my own question of why.
Maybe this is long overdue...
For me to realize that I wasn't meant to be with you.

It's takes a toll on your heart when you find yourself and the one you love slip. As hard it may seem to part ways, sometimes you have to come to the conclusion that it was just not meant to be. If you can feel it in your soul that things are not the same and that you aren't happy...then leave. If you think that you have tried your best and you still can't seem to bring the love back then walk away because sometimes that is the best thing that you can ever do for a person. As much as it will hurt, the blame game is over. You can't do the other person wrong when they did you wrong because two wrongs won't make it right. If you really loved the person with all that you are, you have to just take the memories, learn from the mistakes and look ahead with no urge to turn back. It’s true that you must work hard for love but when you start to lose yourself then that is where you have to draw the line. Love should feel like serenity and not like a constant battle. In the end, both people deserve to be happy. Its not that you are weak by giving up, it just means that you have grown strong enough to let go. It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.




"...we've become to divided now. there's no use hiding from my misery. such a mystery when he's here with me. it's hard to believe I'm still lonely. chances fading now, patience running out. this ain't how it's supposed to be..."

No comments:

Post a Comment