Search This Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Got Your Back Boy(s)

I’m one of the few girls I know that kicks it with a bunch of dudes versus a flock of chicks. And please don’t get it twisted cause the guys that I spend majority of my time with are homies, buds, big and little brothers. These guys are the very ones that will invite me as the only female to a guys night out, carry my behind out of the club when I’ve had too much to drink, will rescue me when a case of ugly tries to rub up against me on the dance floor and will be the first ones to make sure that my swag for the showcase of potentials is always at its best. Since my boys look out for me, I return the favor by having their backs as well.

When it comes to girls that my boys are peepin’, best believe I will be the first to check this beezy out. Not because I’m jealous or because I’ve drank a pint of hater-ade but it’s because my GOOD boys deserve GOOD girls. Sure my boys have done some bad things in the past but no one is perfect. What is important is that I only run with fellas that have good intentions and good hearts. My guys will tell you, I turn into protective sister/mama bear when it comes to matters of the heart and majority of the time they will ask for my approval on more things than one. I try my best to make sure that my boys are not being toyed with and I make sure that they prepare themselves for what they may be getting into.

Let’s face it…guys will be guys and when they come to me whining about their whiplash of b*tchyness from some of these girls, please don’t call me one-sided because I always make sure that I give them my two cents. Sometimes their idiotic actions deserved that whiplash. Most of the time, I'm the one that they are confiding in with their girl issues and I'm the one telling them how to patch things up.

This world is not as big as we may think because you know that everyone knows someone that knows a person that may know you but you can’t seem to even recall their existence in return. LOL. It’s the journalist in me when I do background checks on these girls. Like I said before, people make mistakes. I have made mistakes. My boys have made mistakes and these girls have their mistakes as well. However I try to not let history repeat itself. So if I know that this girl swears she is a monogamist but I got other people saying that she is a floozie, you already know I’ll be telling my homie that he better watch himself. I also know that on the turn side that past mistakes means lessons learned for some but there is nothing wrong with being over prepared for what may be the worst to come.

I love my boys down to the ground so either way..to the girls that are thinking of/talking/dating/or going out with any of my close guys friends, know this:
Whether I think that you are a right match for my boy or not..and whether or not you like me, just know that I will RESPECT you because I got no problem swallowing my pride for the love of my boy(s). I can only hope that you do the adult thing and give that in return.
I hope that you care for my boy at least because know that I care for this dude like no other...just make sure that you are keeping him happy. As long as my boy is happy then I’m happy. Recognize that my boy is a good person.  If you haven’t figured that out yet then gets a steppin’ because what you need to remember is that there is some other girl out there that can do everything that you are currently doing but BETTER...and still, he chose you.

..."We were high. We were low but I promise I will never let you go, said I got your back boy"...

No comments:

Post a Comment