Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Birthday Cake Resting In Thug Mansion

I remember when I listened to my first Tupac song. I was 6 years old. I was in the my mom's red celica and she was picking me up from A+. Keep Ya Head Up boomed through the speakers and it has been a song that has stayed with me ever since. This song helped me get through a lot. Another song that helped opened my eyes to events that were not in the news lime-light was, Changes. Thanks to the words of an actor, social activist, and top-selling rapper...my eyes opened up a little bigger to be aware of things that did not only pertain to my state or the national level but to the world.


Rest In Paradise
Tupac Amaru Shakur
June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996



"You can't complain you was dealt this.
Hell of a hand without a man, feelin helpless because there's too many things for you to deal with.
Dying inside, but outside you're looking fearless...
Ooh child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh child things gon' get brighter."




"We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
what we gotta do, to survive."

1 comment:

  1. happy bday pac!

    love this post. not to mention... he was also a profound poet. =) my most favorite quality of his.

    http://gailsfknawesome.blogspot.com/2009/07/tupac-shakur-rose-that-grew-from.html

    ReplyDelete