Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Love The Way You Lie

I love the way you lie.
like when you say that this will be the last time that you...
call me names that seep into my soul.
Push me up against the wall to keep me posted because this vicinty is suffocating.
Because baby, I love the way you lie.
So re-tell those memories of when we first met.
How you knew that I was something special, how I was different from the rest.
The memories of the first time you held my hand, the first time we kissed, the first time we danced...the first time you realized that you loved me.
Tell me those lies again baby because those memories seem so long ago.
I just love the way you lie.
Like when you told me how we were going to make our dreams come true, raise a family together, grow old together.
How you said that you will always be there to listen, how you said you will always take care of me, that you will always have my back.
Little did I know, you were the very one that would turn my words against me..only to hurt me, and only to stab me in the back.
So baby, hold me down with those empty promises because I love the way you lie.
Tell me about the places we'll go and the people we'll meet.
About the dreams that are now in the past, the plans that we got for the present and the plans that we want to accomplish in the future.
Threaten me about how if I left, no one will want me. How you are the best thing I ever had and how no one can put up with my antics.
Tell me the lies of blame baby because I'll take it all.
We'll turn this love into a cold hearted war.
Push and pull. Fire set a blaze.
Lie to me baby because you are good at it.
Tell me that this is all a phase that we will be stronger, that things will get better just as long as we are together.

So as you continue to make this all hurt, kiss heartbreak on these lips and feed me all these lies...
I will continue to search for happiness within this madness and eventually walk away to learn the well deserved truth.


..."Just gonna stand there and watch me burn but that's all right because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry but that's all right because I love the way you lie."...

No comments:

Post a Comment