Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Liquid Confessions (Part 2)

(continued for Part 1)

That door is still open. However, the picture is clear. We are just friends. Although, you know very well that no one knows you just quite like I do and I know very well that no one will have my back like you do...until maybe now.

While you are adjusting to the freedom and the fame, I'm adjusting on getting my money and mind right with a man that understands fully of who I am and where I want to go. I know that it drives you crazy inside because there you are thinking about what we used to do and if I'm doing the same exact things with him. I just don't understand but at the same time do. I suggest you not compare my feelings of the past and the feelings that I feel right now because you will just hurt yourself.

I sit in front of the screen, trying to meet a deadline and my phone seems to be seizuring. I'm a little hesitant to pick up only because it is 3 a.m. I already know that it's you, bracing myself for the conversation that we are about to have:

"Hey."
"What are you doing up so late?"
"Finishing up some work...where are you? What is all of that noise in the background?"
"We just got done with one of the after partys."
"Ok, well be safe. Call me when you get home, I'm trying to finish this up."

I already know that you've had one to many because you are the type to never turn down glasses of what the guys always seem to symbolize as celebration. Slurring out of your mind and repeating way to many times, you continue to attempt.

"No, no, no. I'm fine, just talk to me."
"Well, I can't right now because I'm in the middle of something."
"You know that I still care for you."
"I know but we are just friends remember."
"You need to stop saying that sh*t. Seriously."
"Well whether you like it or not, that's all that I left for you."

As soon as I put you in your place, you use the alcohol discrepancy to your advantage and decided to answer back with a smart lip. Thinking the words over and over, you thought that if I could walk away that easily then there was nothing left for you to salvage and you might as well let me have it.


"F*** that guy that you love so bad, I know you still think about the times we had. So f*** that guy that you think you found, since you picked up I know he’s not around.”




No comments:

Post a Comment