Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Liquid Confessions (Part 1)

As I'm about to settle in these warm covers at the end of this cold night and after a long day, the phone rings. I look over and it's you. You just finished your first project as the top notch hot shot that you are. Posting up on my side with the phone held close, I hear every word you say. With my body exhausted out of its existence, I can't help but smile because your plans are finally coming together.

I'm actually surprised that you even called after what I told you couple of nights ago. It's been a while since we broke up and I'm happy that we even have the relationship that we have now. We are civil but deep down inside I know that you have your reservations. My heart has healed, I'm grateful for the memories but I've moved on. It did hurt before; because I knew that we both couldn't continue on the same path and now you're starting to feel pieces of your foundation drifting away. 

You go on and on about the professional hurdles that you have jumped for this opportunity to happen but  I'm slowly falling in and out. 
"I have to go to sleep now, I'm tired."
"Wait, I have so much to tell you because the..."
"Sorry hun but I have to wake up early because he and I are trying to have an early start tomorrow."

You come back down to reality and remember, that I've got someone else and I no longer look at you in that love light anymore. We depart the conversation with no invitation to return but you are reassured with my previous track record of making the right decisions, like the decision that I made of not getting back together with you.

"Okay, I'll let you get some sleep. I'll call you tomorrow."
"Actually, I'll be busy tomorrow. We have an all day thing but congratulations. Hope you have a good night."

While I post up peacefully in my own bed, the rest of your night is far from good because you knew very well that you were not the last person that I was thinking of as I fell asleep. I got you thinking...



"The woman that I would try, is happy with a good guy."


Continued to Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment