Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time Flys...

Time passes by so fast. As we get older the faster it seems to fly. It is weird how in time a lot of things change in the essence as well. Your surroundings change, your company changes, your trends change, and people change. In somewhat, not all things are bad during the cycle of change but it made me realize how time is really of the essence when it comes your happiness.

I stumbled across a letter that one of my best friends had written me for my high school graduation. As I think about it, we were really close but it seemed that after high school, we seemed to run out things to talk about and that soon faded into no communication at all. It made me think about all the things I’ve ever wanted to do but never had the time to accomplish due to time constraints. It’s not that I don’t value time, its just that I feel like I don’t have enough of it to do everything that I need to do and that seems to effect my relationships with other people.

Working 8-16 hour shifts have been killing me but its better to be constantly on the grind making money to pay for the bills, right? This morning I did some jobs over the internet for work but called off my morning shift at the financial firm all because I’ve been running on only a few hours of sleep. I thought about it long and hard and lately I’ve been running on 5 or less hours of sleep. I constantly have things on my mind, constantly prepping things or working on things while my friends go out and party the night away or enjoy the summer heat at the beach. People think just because I get paid to party it up in the clubs that one of my job is so glamorous but what they don’t realize is that the amount of good shots that I get is what makes my paycheck and going out to the clubs screws up my body clock since I have a day job. The job is fun but I have to hustle to get paid.

I’ve got a lot on my plate with the various different jobs but I just wish that I could slow time down for a bit, just so that I can enjoy things just a little bit longer. I contacted that one long lost friend that wrote me that one graduation letter and we said that we would meet up to reconnect but we will see if time permits that. :/

A lot of things on my plate, just trying to consume it all.

“Who needs sleep. We can rest when we die.”

No comments:

Post a Comment