Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Letter 1: Sibling

Dear Boo boo,

I remember when I first laid my eyes on you. You were so small and fragile and tomorrow will mark one year of your existence. I'll be honest, I wasn't too excited when I found out mommy was pregnant with you because of the age difference but with these past 12 months...I've learned to love you more and more each day. 

I've watched you try new food, utter your first words, and now learning how to walk. Even though people think that you are my son at times, it's ok because you have truly taught me how to nurture love. Kissing you bye in the morning and seeing you smile when I come home at night gives me all the support that I need to keep going everyday.

I remember when you were only three months old. We were in my room and I held you close in my arms trying to caress you to sleep at 3am. That very second you laid your head on my chest and wrapped your tiny fingers around mine, I remember kissing your forehead as I whispered, "I'll protect you forever." 

As long as I live boo boo, I'll be here to protect to you, care for you and love you. I'll be here to listen to you when mommy and pops don't quite understand your generation. I'll be here to give you advice when those girls give you a hard time and most of all I'll be here when you feel like you got no one else. 


--Your Manang

No comments:

Post a Comment