Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mars Will Never Understand Venus

When it comes to men understanding women, to me men or sometimes boys, they fall into three categories in my book. They either don't understand, think they understand or understand to an extent but because they are from the other gender they can't totally relate.

Till this day, some woman are stereotyped to be that stay at home person that cooks and cleans. Although some woman do that, some men put pressure on women that have other career endeavors and expect them to be domesticated. Yeah it may be tradition for some to learn how to keep a good house in order but then at the same time who says that tradition can't be modified? I mean I can cook some. I'm no stranger to tackling a dirty situation but at the same time don't dog on me because I'm probably not going to be a picture perfect house wife. I'm sorry if my ways don't please you but discovering new ways to understand the world around us by getting involved, finding new ways to further my career and trying new things that will help me become a better person gives me a sense of drive that I just can't get from being at home or by being with a guy. Some women are just on different tracks and I'd rather select the track of trying to be a decent trophy wife not a housewife.

What men don't realize is yes, we as women have come a long way. Women were treated like minorities back in the day.  However for some reason in this society, male dominance still exists and it just makes me proud to see that the female gender is slowly getting the respect that they deserve. Try being a woman that is of minority decent. Talk about twice the resistance. I'm thankful for a lot of the women that have paved the way for future generations like Rosa Parks, Maya Angelou and Dolores Huerta. The women that cracked at that glass ceiling and proved that women were just as good as men in the work field like Janet Reno, Sally Ride, and Oprah. I'm not on a feminist approach or anything, I just truly think that most guys fail to understand where women are coming from at times.

I know that women will never fully understand men but seriously, don't take this the wrong way fellas but we have it twice as hard. Women have to give endure child labor, are considered too emotional when we think to much with our hearts and then when we actually stand up for ourselves and what we believe in, we are considered to be a biabia or on our menstrual. I know that there are stereotypes that are associated with men but I often feel that women are targeted more and are seen as the weaker gender.

Just when you fellas are about to go off at a girl because she is irritating the hell out of you, please take some things into consideration. There are a lot of girls that I know that love shopping, love getting their nails did and love spending time with the other females (all of the things some guys just roll their eyes at) but don't get it twisted because there is a lot more to our stature then what meets the eye. Sure there are a lot of girls that sometimes give females a bad name but know this.. I know more than a handful of women that can school you men/boys on the current events that are currently affecting our nation, could probably sprawl and counter clock to your single leg shot and could probably make you feel inferior just by one look. Just because we are women doesn't mean that we don't deserve to be respected and appreciated. So fellas, if there are females that have been rubbing you the wrong way maybe its because you haven't acknowledged her in the right retrospect. Give and you shall receive.

So the next time you call a female a DIVA for being the power-willed woman that she is, just remember that you may never understand her rigorous journey. Don't hate on a girl that is aggressive in trying to make it in this world. She is not only trying to succeed to fulfill her own personal goals but is probably also doing it to represent all of the other women that are going through the same struggle.


"i'm a diva, best believe her, you see her, she getting paid. she ain't callin' him to greet her, don't need him, her bed's made...diva is a female version of a hustla."

No comments:

Post a Comment