Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Letter 3: Former Love

Dear Ex,

Let me just start off by saying that you were everything I knew for so long and even though we are not together anymore, a part of me still loves you. I look back at the time that we were given and it amazes me how much we have been through. Sometimes I feel that the things that we have experienced were granted too early and we tended to not be so appreciative. Since we've parted, I feel like I have nothing left to give. I feel like a tin man wishing for something to return my ability to feel.

We fought, we made up, and had such great love. You were the first person that I could ever see myself marrying. We talked about how we were going to save for a house and how we were going to to have a family. How we were going to raise our kids around sports and academics and how it would just be us...till death do us part. You were the love of my life.

The day that I decided to walk away from you completely, the one thing that I was so grateful for was learning how to love unconditionally. Through all the mistakes that I have committed and with everything you have put me through, we stuck it out and we blew people away by surviving as long as we did. Although we don't talk, I hope that if we ever bump into each other down the road that you can acknowledge me. You know that all you have to do is shoot me a glance and I'll know what your heart is trying to say. After all, we were a big part of each other's lives.

You are a great man and I hope that you find what you were looking for. I wish nothing but happiness and success in all that you do. We have different lives now and we often believed that things happened for a reason. I think that we needed each other in order to learn about life and in order to grow up. Without you, I could not be the strong person that I'am today. I hope that the next girl that you fall for treats you better than I did and loves you for all that you are.

The part of me that still loves you is a part that loves you for the relationship because it taught me how love should feel. I love you for the heartache because it taught me how to mend a broken heart. Last but not least...I love you most of all for the memories...some of my best ones were only great because I wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else but you.

I guess what they say is true, the hottest love also has the coldest ending.


my best,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment