Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Steadily Beating

Because here I'am.
As my my mind is racing faster than established thoughts,
My body is tired yet my heart is breaking.
Slowly. But surely it is.
I feel as if I'm screaming at the top of my lungs yet no ones bothers to lift their head to look.
To look at the girl that once helped people up after a fall
She thought that she was cautious...
But she too
Had.
Fallen.
Yet  no one bothers to care to see if she will be able to get back on her feet.

Fragile to words.
Sensitive to touch.
This girl does not want sympathy.
Don't you dare say that you feel sorry for her.
She is not playing a victim to anything.
She just wants self-assurance.
Assurance that this pain that she feels is only temporary.
Assurance that things will get better.
Assurance that her hard work will pay off.
Assurance that she is worthy of someones love.
Yet no one can assure her of all this but herself.

What is left of my heart?
I think it's still beating.
It beats slowly.
Trying it's best to keep moving.
No! Get off of me.
I don't need resuscitation.
Because my soul knows my life chapters by heart.
It reads:
She had gotten this far without any handouts.
She made something of herself when everyone thought she was nothing.
She has been humble enough to take criticism.
She has taken initiative when everyone else was afraid.
Females rooted for her to fail.
Men underestimated her strength.
The industry slammed its doors in her face.
Yet.....
She has dusted herself off, just to try again.

So although her spirit is a little broken
And there are only fragments left of her heart...
It still beats.
Slowly but surely it still beats.
Slowly but steadily, it still beats.

No comments:

Post a Comment