Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In To Fall Out (Part 3)

(continued from Part 1, Part 2)

As he stared into my eyes, I couldn't help but think about how wonderful this man was. He was everything that I could ever ask for. As cliche as it was, my reality was way better than my dreams and as much as I wanted to incorporate him in my future, our dreams were leading us in two different directions.

I've thought about cutting out the intimate part of our relationship because it was safer for us to be friends. What was the sense of continuing it all when there was no mutual goal to attain? He was going to leave in a couple of years and so was I. However I also thought about what I had promised myself years ago: to live life without any regrets. I did not want to move on with my life without giving us a shot.

"I really like you," he whispered.
And as I stared, I tried to tuck my worries away.
As I touched his face, I looked deep into his beautiful hazel eyes, kissed him on his forehead and whispered back, "you're amazing."

Because he was nothing less than amazing. He had a genuine soul that was undeniable, he had a heart that you could not help but adore and he knew all of the right things to say or do in order to wash away all of your troubles.

While we were laying in bed, I gently caressed his chest. I just wanted to soak it all in. Even if was just simply being beside him.
"What's wrong baby?"
"Nothing. Just looking at you."
As he gently brushed my arm he trusted his intuition and asked, "tell me what's on your mind."

So I let him hear it.
"We can't get attached."
He had his way with words and instead of agreeing with me, he said "we both believe that things happen for a reason." As he kissed me, he gazed into my eyes with contentment. "We just don't know what the reason is just yet but trust me when I say that I enjoy all the time that you give me."

There I'am saying in my head, that line was perfect! Where is the director waiting to call cut? Because really, who says that? But as he sat up to lean over he said, "for our hearts sake though, we'll stop this when you feel like it's best."
With relief I told him that he had to make me that promise.
And as he kissed me for the last time that night he said something that reassured me he was paying attention to every secret pocket of my heart, "We'll try our best so that both of us don't end up hurting."


 ..."The way you move, the way you look at me. There's something about the way you see things
its like a change of scenery. Everything about you, I just want more of."...

No comments:

Post a Comment