Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

In To Fall Out (Part 2)

(continued from Part 1)

“Girl, I don’t know what it is. He’s something else.”
“Oh really, is that so now? What happened to saying that all guys have something wrong with them?”
“I know I’ve said that before but I can’t find anything just yet.”

As I thought about it, everything about Sam was too good to be true. On paper, he was the guy that I told my girlfriends to settle for. He was smart, witty, driven and handsome. Everyone that I knew not only liked him but respected him. So why was I having such a hard time grasping the fact that maybe he was one of the exceptional ones?

“Cassie, maybe you have something good on your hands. I mean all of things that you have mentioned are all good things.”
“If he was so good, then why do I have this feeling of being in a stance?”
“Maybe it’s because you don’t want to set yourself up for that disappointment.”

As much as she was right, I wasn’t opening up to Sam because opening up means that you are allowing yourself to feel. As much as this was a good thing…I knew that if I continued this, I would be taking a risk of the heart.

“Remember what you always would tell me. Is this love or is this lust?”

Deep inside I knew that it wasn’t love. Maybe it was infatuation? I didn’t know how I felt about him or the relationship we had. All I knew was that he was something else. He was calling out all of the correct plays and saying things that you only hear in movies. However this was neither a movie nor a game. For once I was in limbo of what my heart wanted to allow itself to feel and what my head wanted to believe.


“I want to get closer but let me doubt a little longer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment