Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's=Appreciation of Love Day

So no one really calls Valentine's Day a holiday because there are some of us that refer to February 14 as a "Hallmark Holiday." It may be another scheme by corporate America to lure consumers to spend more money in order to stimulate our economy but I think that we all have lost what this day really means.

As my favorite blogger Jozen said, there are different types of people on V-day. He says that there are couples that are into the day, couples that are over it and couples that use the day to make-up for all of the BS that they have gone through before February 14.  However, you also have the people that are single but have someone in mind or are single and have no one at all.

I never liked Valentine's and it's not because I have had bad experiences but why do we need a special day to tell someone how much we appreciate and love them? Shouldn't that be done everyday? And yes getting surprise chocolates, teddy bears, and flowers are sweet gestures. However when a person expresses their gratitude and love with sincerity, there are no materialistic things in the store that can ever compare. A simple kiss on the forehead, a simple five second gaze into a person's eyes while saying "I love you" or "thank you for being you" is priceless.

So screw the labels of calling February 14 Valentine's or Single Awareness Day, I've always looked it as the Appreciation of Love Day. So to all of my friends that have a Valentine today, may that love grow more each day. For all of my friends that are single today, may you never forget to always love yourself first and may the love that you've been waiting so patiently for find you.

FROM ME TO YOU ON THIS VALENTINE'S DAY:
...To all of the hearts that I have broken, thank you for teaching me how to woman-up with what I really want in life. To all of the people that have broken my heart, thank you for teaching me how to mend one. To all of the people that I LOVE and are currently in my life, call it Valentines or Single Awareness Day; but I call it a day to APPRECIATE THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT HAVE SHOWN US HOW TO LOVE...


"As the years they pass us by, we stay young through each other's eyes. And no matter how old we get, it's okay as long as I got you babe"...

No comments:

Post a Comment