Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Fairy Tale Non-Believer

One of my favorite bloggers, Abi, talked about having a happily ever after in your own way. As I think about it, I was never the type to believe in fairy tales. Yeah, Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast were my favorite Disney movies but I as I grew up, I knew that there was no prince charming waiting in the midst to save me.

After overcoming one big conflict, fairy tales end happily. However, what about the follow-up? Relationships are never as seamless as it seems in movies. There are more hurdles down the road then what they play it out to be. I know for damn sure that I've never been a princess. Okay, so maybe I have been treated like one before but I obviously did not get into that white pumpkin carriage in the end to be wifed up.

I've never waited for a knight in shining armor to rescue me. If a wolf came running full force toward me, I will not be that little damsel in distress. No running away here because my fist would be waiting to knock that beast in the face. If I got myself in a hot mess, I had to woman-up and climb over those stone walls in my stilettos if I wanted to save myself. You may think that I'm being an anti-relationship critic right now but I'm just saying....

For every person in this world, there is someone out there that was meant for you, I believe that. I know that I won't find a prince that will just give me everything that my heart desires because relationships mean work and collaboration. A relationship will only be as good as the hearts you both hold for each other through the roughest of times.

Like Abi said...there is "a Wil to my Jada." Because with tireless effort there is a Jay-Z to my Beyonce. A David to my Victoria. A Kekoa to my Makana.



I don't believe in fairy tales but I do believe in
LOVE.




..."don’t need the stilettos, I’m not cinderella. I don’t need a knight so baby take off all your amor….I don’t believe in fairy tales but I believe in you and me"...

No comments:

Post a Comment