Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall For Your Type

I knew that I had something good. She was a girl with a good head on her shoulders. An uncanning spunk that gave her an edge. I knew that I had to spend more time to get to know this girl. Although my mind was hestiant, my heart felt like I had nothing to lose.

"Promise me that you won't fall in love," she said.
Puzzled but dead locked into her eyes, "Don't be too confident girl."
"It's weird how we got to this point because you are usually not my type."
Unsure of whether to take it as an insult or compliment I asked,
"Well tell me, what is your type?"
"Everything opposite of you...Tell me, what is your type?"
"I don't have a type but I'll tell you this much, you're special. You 're different."

As much as I didn't want to unveil my softer side to her, I just knew that I had to say something because if I didn't I'd regret not saying a damn thing. I didn't want to stop something that hasn't reached it's full potential yet.

She got closer, clasped her hands in mine. The taste of her sweet lips compensated for the sneak peak of my heart. Floating on cloud nine, I asked myself...Is this really happening? Is this girl really feeling me? This girl was not my typical type, she was in a class all on her own. Her voice got me feeling like a school kid and just the sight of her, I swear she can hear my heartbeat over the speakers.

As I held her close, she kissed my neck and softly whispered, "You're special too. You are for sure something else."

"Cause man, it's been a while but I swear this one is different."

No comments:

Post a Comment