Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Fall For Your Type (Part 3)

(continued from Part 1, Part 2)

This girl was unbelievable, I tell you. With her I can be completley honest and open without judgement. She respected my fast pace life, could keep up with me drink for drink and was the type that I could bring home to meet mom, all rolled into one. This girl was nothing less than amazing. Even my friends saw what her love was doing to me and they weren't afraid to call me out on it.

"Dude, this new girl got you acting mad different."
"Seriously though guys, she is different. So with that I got to do things differently."
"You're doing things that we have never seen you do."
"You better watch yourself. Girls like that look out for themselves. I mean look at all of your exs."
"Nah, she is not like that."
"Well we all just saying. You better ask her what the deal is and you guys better figure it out quick."
"Trust me, I got a good one on my hands."
"Ok, just don't say that we didn't warn you."

I mean I love my boys, they've always look out for me but they just didn't get it. This girl was everything and more. I thought that maybe they were on the offense because they haven't met her. So I decided to bring her to a friend's bbq. I mean, if she didn't get along with my friends then I knew that it wasn't going to work out. She had to meet my second family.

"Hey dude, what's up! Haven't seen you in a while dude."
"Yeah, I know. I've been working a lot."
"It's all good. Glad you made it out."

As she entered the room, everyone turned to the door. She grabbed their attention like a magnetic field. So while I had everyone's attention...

"Hey everyone, this is my girl."

She drank with the guys, played with the kiddies and conversed with the ladies. The night seemed like it was going well until her phone rang. I haven't seen some of these fellas in a while since many of them  started having families of their own but she needed to leave because she was assigned an early shift. As we got to the car, she apologized for having to cut it short. I started to approach her exit on the freeway but had to re-route to my pad when she said..

"If you don't mind, I don't want to go home tonight. I don't want to spend the night alone."


..."I’mma take you anywhere you wanna go. Let you meet my friends so they can lecture me again about how reckless I have been"...

No comments:

Post a Comment