Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fall For Your Type (Part 4)

(continued from Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
At 3:45am my phone rings and I don't mind picking it up because her name is on the display screen. She had another wild night with her girlfriends and wanted to come home to me. Tired as hell, I walked to open the door. She walked straight in, put on one of my shirts, and curled up under the covers. This girl was for sure sipping on the alk but she had a reason too, she just got a promotion at work. She was coming off of her buzz and had a confession.

"I'm sorry that it's late but I just wanted to be with you tonight."
"It's okay, as long as you are safe..that's all that matters."

I turned over and held her in my arms. I brushed the hair off of her face so that I could gaze into her starlight eyes and then it came....

"I care about you a lot. I just want you to know that."
"I know. I care about you too."
"I know that we have pasts but I'm telling you now, I'm not going to hurt you."
"Okay baby. Just sleep. You're just drunk."
"No, I know what I'm saying. I'm serious."

And as I held her in my arms, I kissed her forehead and continued to stroke her hair. At that very moment..I knew that I wanted her forever when she said...

"I won't do you wrong like all them other girls. The difference between me and them is that...I love you completley for who you are."


..."you say that you’re nothing like the last girl. I just pray that you don’t let me down right now."...

No comments:

Post a Comment