Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Fall For Your Type (Part 5)

(continued from Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4)

As she got busier and busier, I started to see less of her. I understood that she needed to work, had family priorities and wanted to kick it with her girls from time to time but where did that leave me? I'd call and no response. Voicemail left but no call back. Text sent but no reply. Maybe she was busy.

It got to a point where I didn't hear from her for days. It hurt a little but when she did call, I'd tell her how I felt neglected. She'd apologize and we'd be ok for a few. Although the cycle would start up again and I thought that maybe she was acting like this because I was getting too comfortable.

So I would surprise her with lunch one day, chocolates the next and flowers the week after. I tried my best to keep her on her toes. However, all the efforts still left me in the same position, without the girl that I wanted.

"Hey."
"Hey."
"Where have you been?"
"You know, busy as always. These projects just seem to be piling up."
"What are you doing tonight? Let me help ease off your stress."
"It's okay, I've been spending so much time pleasing other people. I need time for myself."
"Okay, I understand. Well, have a good night. I miss you."
"Aww, I miss you too. I'll talk to you later."

As we hung up the phone, I just couldn't help but let out a sigh. The boys called and they wanted to hit downtown. All hung up on her, they convinced me that a night out would take my mind off of it all. From bar to bar, we'd take a swig and bounce to the next. However, when I got out of the bar at the end of 6th Ave., from across the street there was a girl that looked familiar. It was her. As her girls walked ahead, she chatted with a dude in the back of the pack. I didn't care if that dude was a stranger, one of her girls' boys or even one of her homies...my heart ached a little because she said she wanted time to herself but there she was. Then I began to think that I've been....



..."making a mistake I never learn from. I swear, I always fall for your type. Tell me why I always fall for your type. I just can't explain this ish at all"...

1 comment:

  1. Life is like a glass of water you let yourself slowly pour out to people and they slowly sip from it some like the whole glass cause they either greedy or they think they can handle the whole thing one time, sometimes they want half but when you ask for half back they don't remembered what half feels like. keeping it cool and keeping it warm sometimes your taste buds cant keep up skip the drink for know and let it age like a fine wine then when you go back to if it ages right and was the right thing to do then sip to see if it would be the worth of your time to catch up or let it age again...

    ReplyDelete