Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Maybe I Should Stop Saying It

Love.

Tell me what it really means to you. I often tell my family that I love them but that is always a given. I tell my friends that I love them as well. With acquaintances that I meet, sometimes I tell them that I "love" their ideas, their persona, and their actions. However someone told me that I use that word too freely and it got me thinking.

Love can mean so many things. Time, circumstances and the person itself all comes together to bring a different meaning to the word. When it comes down to it, love to me means appreciation. However that one specific person once told me that when I tell other people that I love them, they feel like the love I have for them are equal with everyone else. I told that specific person that just because I use that word with other people, that does not mean that the amount or depth of love that I have for everyone is the same. I've never used that word to lead people on or to give them the wrong intentions. I use the word love because I'm a very expressive person. Don't you like hearing the words love and having it associate with you? Because I for sure love it. It makes your heart tingle, it heightens your spirits and it makes you smile.

You may never know what may happen to you or the people that you care about. I feel that it is important to express those feelings with the people that are in your life while you are in the present moment. Remind them how much they mean to you. You will be surprised at the reactions you will get.

If I've told you that I loved you, I meant it.
If you are confused with the meaning, I can clarify my intentions and meaning for you.
If I've told you I love you before and I don't say it anymore, maybe it is because I've lost the meaning of those words when it comes to you or I'm waiting for you to say those words back to me.
I know that actions may speak louder than words and I'm suppose to already know how you feel...
but maybe you should just say something just so that I know that the feelings are mutual and so that I'm reminded of how much I still mean to you.

..."every time is the first time so I pretend it's the last time that I'mma ever hear you say those words"...

No comments:

Post a Comment